General Wellness Check-Ups
Help keep yourself healthy by having a regular wellness check-up. The early detection of issues results in improved treatment.
We all lead busy lives and it is easy to forget the importance of maintaining good health until symptoms arise or are advanced. By scheduling a regular wellness check-up, you can take a proactive approach to ensuring that you are as healthy as possible.
Incorporating general and/or extensive wellness checks and screenings allows the greatest chance of prevention, detection, treatment, and cure, across the spectrum of health concerns.
As we go through different phases of life, it is necessary to take our lifestyle choices into consideration and also undergo recommendation screenings.
The following may be suggested as part of an individual wellness plan:
- Review of family history
- Height and weight
- Blood pressure check
- Cholesterol check
- Blood sugar check
- Urine study
- Hearing check
- Eyesight check
- Breast and cervical cancer screening
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Prostate cancer screening
- Osteoporosis screening
- Bowel cancer screening
- Skin cancer basic screening
- HIV/AIDS screening
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) check
- Electrocardiogram (for those at a higher risk of heart disease or who are over the age of 40)
- Chest X-ray (for heavy smokers)
- LD CT scan screening for smokers
- Exercise prescription for wellness