Keeping you in the game, or getting you back in to it, is our aim at Cayman Clinic. Our knowledge of Sports Medicine, a specialised field, focuses on injury prevention, rehabilitation, non-operative techniques, and treatments for musculoskeletal injuries.
Dr Melissa Mascaro, MD, CAQSM, has extensive experience and knowledge in Sports Medicine, and is a former Division 1 gymnast who continues to work with elite athletes. She is passionate about injury prevention and management for all athletes, helping them to enjoy their sport and compete to the best of their abilities
Dr Mascaro offers Primary Care Sports Medicine, and works with local schools, clubs, and gyms to provide preventative care and management of chronic injuries to both recreational and elite athletes.
Sports Medicine services at Cayman Clinic include:
- Ultrasound guided injections for diagnostic and therapeutic relief
- Sports injury prevention strategies and rehabilitation
- Treatment of acute and overuse injuries as well as basic fractures
- Exercise and nutrition support for performance improvement
- Osteoarthritis management
- Triggerpoint injections
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections
- Advanced, non-surgical treatment for tendon injuries, including Achilles under-surface scraping and fenestration procedures
- Medical Botox for migraines, hyperhidrosis, and dystonia
- Compartment pressure testing
- Concussion management for paediatrics and adults
- Pregnancy and post-partum care